Fire near Burden damages a home, contents

Share |
By Shane Farley
July 3, 2014 - 9:37:58 am

Fire damaged a second-story bedroom - and its contents - Wednesday night near Burden.

Around 9 p.m., crews were called to a residence at 20277 122nd Road for the report of a fire. The blaze is believed to have been electrical in nature, according to Burden Fire Capt. Dan McClaskey.

A fire was found in an upstairs bedroom where Clay Fatout is a part-time tenant. He was alerted of the fire by a smoke detector.

McClaskey said Fatout was helpful in containing the fire by removing a burning mattress from the room, exiting the home and calling 911.

Damage to the structure was less because it was constructed of brick or stone. McClaskey estimated damage to home and contents at $15,000 or less. Much of the second story suffered heat and smoke damage.

Janice Booth is the owner of the home and a full-time resident there.

TAGS:
Share |