One injured in fire in Winfield home on Wed.

Share |
By Shane Farley
April 17, 2013 - 3:10:02 pm
The scene of the fire in Winfield on Wednesday.
Shane Farley/NewsCow

A person was hospitalized this afternoon in a house fire that occurred in Winfield.

Around 1:30 p.m., fire crews were dispatched to the 500 block of E. Fourth for the report of a residence on fire with someone possibly inside. Smoke could be seen coming from the residence.

That person was later transported to the hospital, according to authorities at the scene.

The extent of their injuries was not immediately known. Two blocks of Fourth near the site of the fire have been blocked off.

We’ll have more for you at is becomes available.

TAGS:
Share |