Suspects arrested in Pizza Hut robbery case

Share |
By Shane Farley
December 10, 2013 - 9:04:33 pm

UPDATE: 10:15 Wednesday - Police released additional information this morning regarding the robbery and subsequent arrests.

The delivery driver arrived at the address in the 300 block of N. 2nd and was greeted on the porch by a woman, later identified as Jordan Collison. The driver was then allegedly attacked from behind by Dickson.

The investigation eventually led to the suspects at a residence in the same block where the attack occurred. Dickson and Collison had been staying with relatives at that residence.

Police recovered evidence from the home that linked the suspects to the crime. One of the two is also said to have confessed when questioned about what had occurred.

Investigators also recovered stolen property linked to several residential burglaries that recently occurred in Ark City and Parsons. Both suspects face charges related to the thefts, robbery and for possession of marijuana.

A man and woman have been arrested as a result of an investigation into the weekend robbery of a Pizza Hut delivery man in Ark City, law enforcement officials said.

Both suspects were arrested and booked into the Cowley County Jail Monday and remained there today.

Jordan Taylor Collison, an 18-year-old woman from Burbank, Okla., and Marcese Treyvon Dickson, 20, Ark City, are each being held on charges that include aggravated robbery, aggravated battery and felony conspiracy. Bond for each was set at $50,000, according to jail records.

The men were taken into custody at the Ark City Police Dept. during the course of the investigation.

Police Capt. Mark McCaslin said his office would issue a media statement on the arrests soon.

Around 8:30 p.m. Sunday, local police were called to Pizza Hut on North Summit to investigate the robbery. Officers arrived to find a driver had sustained a head injury during the incident.

The victim - who was not identified by name - said the attack occurred in the 300 block of N. 2nd. Police did not provide details about the robbery itself and did not say how much money was taken.

The driver was transported to a local hospital, treated and later released.

Share |